Wednesday, December 28
Sunday, December 4
Friday, December 2
Thursday, December 1
Wednesday, November 30
Friday, November 25
Wednesday, November 23
Monday, November 21
Wednesday, November 16
Monday, November 14
Tuesday, November 8
This is what I like to call my "I don't give a fuck" pasta sauce/chilli. It can be used as either. It involves tomato sauce, water, onions, mushrooms, peppers, ground beef and/or spicy sausage, every spice you can find, any other shit in your fridge you wanna put in it. I had some black beans that I didn't think I was going to use soon and some leftover pizza sauce that I shoved in. I'll have Will taste test it when he gets home and adjust the spices for me (which is the one thing that sucks about being a vegetarian...).
Sunday, November 6
Friday, November 4
Thursday, November 3
Sunday, October 30
Thursday, October 27
Wednesday, October 26
Monday, October 24
Sunday, October 23
Thursday, October 20
Wednesday, October 19
Monday, October 3
Friday, September 30
Friday, September 23
Saturday, September 17
Monday, September 12
Saturday, September 10
Thursday, September 8
Tuesday, September 6
Friday, September 2
Thursday, September 1
2) Are you a vegetarian? Yup, going on 14 years I believe.
3) Do you believe in Heaven? No.
4) Have you ever come close to dying? Not that I know of.
5) What jewelery do you wear daily? My engagement ring
7) Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Yes, I love every part of broccoli!
8) Who is your hair stylist? I cut my own hair with kitchen scissors...embarassing.
9) Ever have any surgery? If so, what? Nothing at all..well I had a wart frozen off when I was like 9 lol
10) Do you color your hair? I used to dye it blonde but I've been growing my natural colour out for about 2 years.
11) What do you wear to bed? Nothing
12) Have you ever done anything illegal? Yup, lots of stupid shit.
13) Can you roll your tongue? I think so
14) Electric razor or blade? Blade
15) What kind of shoes usually? Flip flops or flats in the summer, brown riding boots in the winter.
16) Do you condone abortions? I wouldnt use the word condone, but I condone a womans right to make her own decisions.
17) What is your natural hair color (do you even remember?) Light brown
18) Future child’s name?Ava Iris Evelyn, Lincoln William Cohen
19) Do you snore? Ask Will
20) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Greece, Italy or Australia
21) Do you sleep with stuffed animals? Nope
22) If you won the lottery, what would you do first?Buy a house and a car, put money into savings
23) Gold or platinum/white gold?White gold only!
24) Hamburger or hot dog? Neither, I don't eat meat
25) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?Cheese pizza
26) City, beach or country?Beach all the way!
27) What was the last thing you touched? Cheese nips
28) Where did you eat last?Sitting at my desk at work!
29) When’s the last time you cried?Probably over something stupid...probably like 2 days ago
30) Do you read blogs?Yes
31) Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex? If I had too.
32) Ever been involved with the police? Yes, but not for anything bad
33) What’s your favorite shampoo and soap? Whatever is on sale
34) Do you talk in your sleep?Nope
35) Ocean or pool?Ocean
38) Window seat or aisle?Window
39) Ever met anyone famous? Saw, not met.
40) Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life?Career wise-no, family -yes
Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?Twirl
42) Ricki Lake or Oprah Winfrey? Neither, thank you
43) Basketball or Football? Basketball i suppose
44) How long do your showers last?On the weekend like 25 minutes, on a work day 5-7 minutes
45) Automatic or stick shift?Automatic
46) Cake or ice cream?I don't want either, I'm not much into sweets
47) Are you self-conscious?Yes
48) Have you ever drunk so much you threw up?Yes, but not since college.
49) Have you ever given money to a beggar?No
50) Have you been in love?Yes
51) Where do you wish you were?At home, with Will, in bed watching a shitty movie and drinking tea
52) Do you wear socks with your shoes? Shoes, yes
53) Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?No
54) Can you tango?I could make an effort at it
55) Last gift you received?Will bought me bottle of Grey Goose
56) Last sport you played?Does running count? I run 4-5 times a week
57) Things you spend a lot of money on?Wine, food, clothes
58) Where do you live?Ottawa
59) Where were you born?Ottawa
60) Last wedding attended?My sisters!
63) Most hated food(s)? Thin soup or meat
64) What’s your favorite food?Grapes, pizza, butternut squash soup
65) Can you sing?Yes, but not well
66) Last person you instant messaged?Will
67) Last place you went on holiday?Palmerston Lake to the cottage
68) Favorite regular drink?Water or diet gingerale
Wasn't that fun?!?
Wednesday, August 31
So I got on the scale this morning...and it said I gained weight! What the hell?!? I have been working out almost everyday and eating really well. I hate trying to lose weight, it's dumb, lol. Gaining weight makes me wanna order a large pizza and eat it all. But I'm not going to do that this time. This time I will stay motivated, keep eating right, and maintain my exercise. Hopefully I'll see something positive on the scale when I weigh in next Monday...
Tuesday, August 30
2. Coffee and chatter with my sister.
3. Running for 30 minutes straight...double my regular running time.
4. Finding out my cat pissed in the shower...hey, at least it wasn't on the floor and it was hella easy to clean up!
5. Being down 5lbs despite the pizza and white wine I consumed.
6. My new found motivation to get a new job...or my new found hatred of the job I have now...both will end up with the same result.
7. Finding a house to buy totally in our price range (we're not buying it, but its encouraging to see then possibility is so much closer then we think)
8. Finding leftover feta - still good, and just enough for us to have another fresh greek salad tonight! And some chicken breast for my meat eating man-friend
9. Losing track of time and realizing your already 2 hours into your shift.
10. More kitten snuggles!
Monday, August 29
Friday, August 26
My options seems to be:
a) cry about it - I've tried this one, it's not helping get the computer working
b) pay shipping and handeling (both ways) to send it to Sony to possibly have it fixed, and pay an additional 599 - 699 American dollars to have this happen - the computer cost $700 in the first place, so this is a stupid option...thanks Sony!
c) Throw said computer out the window, while laugh/crying crazily - although the most appealing of my options I think I will pass
d) Back up my files and buy a new computer - seems to be the easiest option
I guess we're taking a trip to Best Buy this weekend. I will never ever buy another Sony product ever! Thank god Will and I are the stingyest motherfuckers on earth! I think we have enough saved to buy me a half decent computer. Sucks though, I was gonna buy a dining room set with that cash. Oh well, what can you do, I suppose.
Wednesday, August 24
What happens after I do, do we change into married people? Do I stop loving Big Brother, getting drunk for no reason, and start loving my job. No, I highly doubt that will happen. Such a big hubub about something.
I hear people talk and tell me that it does change the relationship to be married, but no one seems to have a clear explanation of how exactly. If thats true, then I don't want to get married anymore. I am more then happy with the way our relationship is.
Again, I don't believe anything is going to change. We will both have another ring, a piece of paper, and a nice tan from our Honeymoon...but as for life changes...I expect there to be none. Well other than my last name, I guess I'll have to learn how to spell Will's monstrosity of a last name at some point.
I'm excited for the party, seeing all my friends and family, meeting Will's out west family and friends, and going on an amazing vacation afterwards. The dress? Well, I'm not gonna complain about being able to buy a ridiculously fancy dress for the evening. Also having some very out of character glamour shots of us and our friends will be thrillingly hilarious.
I am excited to get married, but probably not for all the traditional reasons. I'm already an excellent faux wifey, and Will is a fantastic faux husband. Our faux marriage is far from perfect, but I am perfectly happy in it.
Monday, August 22
2. Buying the first thing for our wedding!
3. Halloween decorations.
4. Being woken up by kitten snuggles
5. New workout gear
6. Cleaning and organizing our spare room
7. Perfectly sweet gigantic green grapes
8. Being able to have dinner with Will every night from now on
9. Brown riding boots that look good with everything
10. Large wall calendars from Staples
Not included on the list but I am also happy for Officer Webster, for dropping my speeding ticket to a bylaw violation which significatly reduced the amount. And also for being the happiest OPP officer to ever pull me over at 6:30am...also the sneakiest, I have no idea where he was hiding but my stupid ass certainly didnt see him!
Sunday, August 21
Will starts his new job tomorrow and I think he's quite excited about it. It's a great step in the right direction for our little family. And I also got a call and an online interview for a job this weekend. I should hear about that by Wednesday, so I'm quite excited.
We needed to go grocery shopping to replenish the supplies for the week. We also made a quick stop at Michaels and picked up our wedding invitations!!! They are so cute, and 30% off - AWESOME!!
I am also fully obsessed with Halloween, and we had a 40% off coupon, so I bought this...
Friday, August 12
All ready to take to the cottage! I'm very excited. I still have a lot of stufdf left to pack and organize. H&D are bringing the cats over tomorrow morning and then they are heading to my parents place for lunch. Will has to work until 2 so we're going to meet everyone there probably around 5 or 6ish.
Thursday, August 11
Monday, August 8
Sunday, August 7
I made Will an amazing dinner tonight. Spice Italian sausage, red pepper, spinach, and brown rice. All cooked in white wine and veggie broth. It certainly smells good and Will isn't having an issues eating it. Dinner would be so much easier if I ate meat, I spend a lot more time cooking for him then I do cooking for me. I just feel like I have a lot more options with his food. Also, all the cooking I did in college was with meat, so thats probably another reason I prefer to cook for Will.
I'm getting very excited to go to the cottage. I have mentally planned what I need to bring, and obviously I am bringing too much. How many dresses does a girl need for 5 days? Well, at least 7, and 4 bathing suits and probably 3 sweaters. Is it going to be cold? Who knows, but if it is I will be prepared. I'm glad we bought that cooler tho cause we're planning on bringing booze and snacks for the week. I'm sure my mom has everything meal planned down to the second, but having some extra food never hurts. I'm also going to bring my blender and some frozen fruit so I can have my smoothies in the morning. And if some mararitas accidentally make the trip with me I will be prepared.
Guess I should get back to work...or not...
Saturday, August 6
A couple of over sized tank top for chilling by the water.
A couple of sweaters that I don't need nor do I have any room for more clothes...but anyway. I also got new sheets and pillow cases. The colour is called Orchid, my favorite! Don't mind MacGuffin, he's a scene stealer.
Now back to cleaning, I've been neglectful the past couple of weeks.
Friday, August 5
I'm still working at the same place, although not doing retention anymore. Not that I was fired from it, I was just backup and I guess they have enough staff right now to handle the calls. So I'm looking for a new job and I am getting bored with this one. Same shit, day after day...and I mean literally the same. Didn't get your paper? I'm sorry, I'll send another one. Didn't get your paper? I'm sorry, I'll send another one. Didn't get your paper? I'm sorry, I'll send another one. Also been discussing moving out of Ottawa with my manfriend...(oh by the way my man friend is now my fiancee man friend). He is not 100% sold on the idea yet, but I think he is still considering it.
Doing a lot of wedding planning - small stuff like deciding of dress styles, colours, checking prices of rentals, favours and all that fun shit. I've already decided on a dark purple theme, probably with some silver accents. I think we have decided on a location as well, its a small golf course out in North Gower. It's cheap, and pretty and (although 40 minute drive) a great location for pictures. Since its a winter wedding we wont get all the flower and leafs and shit, but they have some nice scenery around the grounds to take pictures at. Old fences, rocks, stair cases in the forest - cool stuff like that which would look awesome in black and white pictures.
I am also committed to finally getting back to running. Everytime I start running again I get off track in about a week or so. I have to figure out a way to keep my motivation, other then Will "reminding" me to do it. I know he's only trying to help but my fucked up mind goes right to assuming he thinks I'm fat and need to workout. Crazy, I know, but I can't help it. I'm ridiculously sensitive about stuff like that.
I also want to start taking more pictures of things we do. I'm hoping restarting this blog will remind me to take pictures so I can post all the fun shit we do, especially now with wedding planning I have lots of stressfully fun things happening in the next year.
Saturday, March 12
I've started as back-up retention at work, which is a nice change. And it's a great opportunity to make more money, lots of incentives for saving customers, donated papers, eeditions... Which is very useful right now since I've only worked 3 days in the last 2 weeks...I need all the money I can get.
Saturday, February 26
I'm looking forward to Will getting home so I can have some veggie pizza, mmmmmm, pizzzza!
Monday, February 21
Parents are coming in today for a visit, which will be nice. And I believe they are gonna take us out to dinner at Boston Pizza. I was looking online to see the calories in some of the stuff they serve there. Blew my freakin' mind. A greek salad is 1040 calories...for a fucking salad. Thats crazy.
Guess I should shower and get dressed or something...my parents probably don't wanna see sweaty gross Siobhan
Sunday, February 20
Will also broke our coffee maker the other day so we picked up a programmable one at Canadian Tire for only like $30.00. Pretty good deal.
Well I need to get back to my wine, and order us some pizza.
Saturday, February 19
Lots of stuff going on on the work front. Will has the possibility of getting a keyholder postion at H.O...which hopefully would mean more money. And they are making me backup (yes backup to something ELSE) retention, which could possibly make me more money. And thank god for both of those things. Financially we aren't actually doing too bad, but extra money never hurt anyone.
I'm gonna go buy a treadmill tomorrow. I finally got frusterated with myself enough to bite the bullet. I miss running and I just never felt like I was actually getting a workout on the eliptical. So wish the Scottish in me good luck...I'm totally gonna need a glass of wine after spending that much money.
Sunday, February 13
I have a four day weekend which is fantastic. I spent yesterday cleaning everything and washing anything. The house looks fantastic. Which is awesome, cause now I can spend the next 3 days doing pretty much nothing. When Will gets home from work tonight we're gonna go buy some groceries for dinner tomorrow night. I think we're gonna do some steak, potato, steamed veggies, and a salad. Aaanndd depending on the basil situation I might make some pesto.
I can't wait until the summer so I can have a garden with my own herbs in it. I'm thinking I'm gonna take some time off once it gets warm and extend my garden. Maybe see if my mom wants to come help, with the promise of cocktails and free food. The people who used to live here kind of let the garden go nuts, and for some reason they put a lot of rocks in the garden. I guess I'll get Will to do all the digging and shit, and then my mom and I (pending her acceptance) can do all the fun planting and drinking, lol.
Will and I are also thinking about getting a dog. We have been checking out breeds and prices...since I'm such a cheap ass I need to make 6 or 7 lists and budgets before I can commit to anything. So far it looks like it would be completely doable. Especially if Will does get this full-time position at the end of February. We've been looking at min pins and labs so far. A lab mix would be great, mixed with a medium sized breed. Ideally we would want a medium sized dog that is fairly low key. Nothing that wants to run everywhere, lol, walks I'm okay with but I'm not going for a run with a dog when it's minus 40.
Sunday, January 23
Work is going well, still doing a lot of training and loving it. I'm hoping this might turn into a fulltime job. I don't mind being on the phones but I really love training the new hires. If we could find a way to schedule uptraining for agents who feel they need it I think it would be a very viable option to keep us on fulltime. But we will see how it goes. I am very happy with the way things are going and take it from there.
I have also been having a lot of issues with my car the past couple of weeks. The other day my car basically exploded, oil everywhere....it was bad. Turns out the motor blew and we had to get a brand new one. That was a terrible carless week. Then about 3 days after I finally got Hank back the car randomly shut itself off and would not turn back on. Turns out it has some sort of emergency security system that "thought the car was being stolen" so it disconnected the engine. Thank god that only took a day to fix. Fingers crossed that's the last issue I have for a while...
Thursday, January 13
Sunday, January 9
The week ended a little nicer though. Turns out next week I will be up training CSS, which means another week off the phones. And the new class begins January 17th, so there is another 4 weeks off the phones. I'm liking this whole training thing, I wish I could do it full time.
Monday, January 3
After such wonderful news at work, and having a very easy yet rewarding day Will and I settled into a glass of wine and some shitty tv for the evening. Always a satisfying way to end a day.
Sunday, January 2
But this was a more successful today. I managed to get 2 pairs of pants, a few shirts and a sweater. All on sale. I can finally throw out my old jeans with the gigantic hole in the crotch...when it was hot I very much enjoyed the southern breeze, but now that's it's winter I need to keep my pumpum warm.
Saturday, January 1
We rung in the new year with movies and bubbly, a very chill evening but very pleasant. A lot has happened in the last year. I am still in the same job, with Sunmedia, but I have taken on some responsibilities as a "Learning Support Coach" which basically means I train the new hires. Will is still working at Home Outfitters but has moved to the store in Orleans. He also took on a seasonal position at LCBO for some extra cash. Fingers crossed he might be able to get in there full time, the benefits alone would be more then worth it.
In November we moved from our bird shit covered apartment in Mooneys Bay to a townhouse off Montreal rd. Technically, I suppose, it is Vanier, but it's not a sketchy neighborhood. Two bedrooms, lots more room, a basement with laundry, and a garage. It's only like $50 more then our apartment but at least double the space.
I'm quite happy with the developments of the last year, hopefully 2011 is just as good to us.